Rx Partnership, an innovative Richmond-based statewide nonprofit dedicated to increasing access to free medication for Virginia’s uninsured, seeks an energetic, detail oriented and highly organized candidate to serve as Project Manager for an exciting new program designed to help clinics and patients receive important generic medications. This new position has significant responsibility for designing and launching this new initiative that will expand services across the Commonwealth using an innovative new model for a charitable pharmacy. Responsible for working as part of a team and independently to recruit and build relationships with clinics, manage overall program operation with a focus on continuous improvement and lead fund development activities focused on ensuring continuation and growth of the program.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Successful candidate must have demonstrated experience in program oversight; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; the ability to make independent decisions; proven ability to mediate, problem solve and negotiate; have an ability to prioritize tasks; be proficient in using MS Office Suite products. This is a 20-30 hour per week position with a salary range of $20 – $25 an hour with good flexibility and limited benefits provided. Occasional travel within Virginia.
Send resume and cover letter electronically to Amy Yarcich, Executive Director at AYarcich@RxPartnership.org. No phone calls please.
Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Objective of Job: Serves as the primary contact for the new Generic Fill Support (GFS) Program being launched by Rx Partnership to specifically address the generic medication needs of clinics without an in-house pharmacy that serve low-income uninsured patients. In addition to recruiting and building relationships with clinics interested in participating, the GFS Project Manager will document and coordinate the various tasks associated with the program operation in order to enhance operations at the clinic and pharmacy level. Fund development activities to support the program and outcome measurement are also crucial to ensure continuation and growth of the program.
- Works with the central fill pharmacy to oversee the ordering and distribution of products and troubleshoots any accompanying difficulties.
RxP Responsibilities (coordinated with Executive Director):
- Develops and carries out a progressive action plan to ensure GFS site compliance, up to and including revoking services to sites for noncompliance.
- Develops and updates policies and procedures related to all aspects of the GFS program.
- Works to identify and pursue new, additional fund development opportunities and relationships beneficial for GFS.
- Develops and provides communication tools, presentations, technical assistance, and training to promote GFS as needed.
- Performs tasks for other special projects as requested by the Executive Director.
- Leads recruitment efforts to add GFS sites, explains expectations of the program and determines the readiness of various sites to participate.
- Maintains direct line of communication with GFS sites and staff/volunteers that are responsible for product distribution and order placement; responds to concerns and requests.
- Regularly seeks input from GFS sites to develop opportunities for program improvement in order to better meet the needs of GFS sites while increasing operational efficiencies and reducing costs.
- Takes the lead in the preparation of grant proposals, reports and other aspects of grantwriting related to GFS. Also provides the related GFS grant support after a funding award – including writing thank you letters to all supporters and developing additional communications / materials throughout the year.
- Creates reports and outcome measures, as needed, for a variety of stakeholders in order to best present the value of GFS.
- Serves as a support for GFS sites and consistently provides the highest level of customer service through the use of email, telephone and mail; maintains an organized filing system to document all correspondence.
Rx Partnership GFS Project Manager Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in program oversight
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Proven ability to mediate, problem solve and negotiate.
- Ability to prioritize, manage workload and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite products and willingness to learn other software as required.
- Willingness to travel within Virginia as required, with minimal overnight stays anticipated.
- Four to six years work experience in program oversight.
- Nonprofit management experience.